Have you ever felt stuck and didn't know what to do and when or how to take the steps forward?
The good news is that Jesus is with you and doesn't want you to feel that way. He has a way through and keys to help you.
If you are feeling stuck, here are some thoughts to encourage you to get unstuck.
How To Get Unstuck
1. It's okay to ask Jesus to show you the options and direction for your life. He wants to help!
We can all find ourselves like Moses in our own Red Sea moment. But when you can't do it yourself or alone, determine to not lean on your own understanding but on God's wisdom. Trust His timing and that He can do anything. (Exodus 14)
Sometimes, the only choice if you're going to live following Jesus is to lean on Him and what He has promised. It's not about what you can do but rather what is His ability and then choosing to wait for His perfect timing.
2. Embrace the Wilderness seasons (Duet 8:2-3). The Israelites wandered in the desert for years, but Joshua and Caleb, who got to enter the promised land with their families (when the rest of the people their age didn't), chose to take hold of growth opportunities – they learned to know God in the wilderness.
Wilderness seasons teach and prepare you for the next version of who He's called you to be. Whilst in a wilderness season, what can you do to grow and invest in yourself?
2. From the prison to the palace
In Genesis 50:20, there is the account of Joseph, who went from a prison to a palace. His story is one of regardless of what's meant for evil in your life; God will turn it into good. (Romans 8:28) He works our messes into miracles as we keep walking with Him. He's got you and your situation.
3. Listen and wait on the Lord – John 5:1-9 The paralyzed man at the pool who was healed was waiting for external circumstances to change, but Jesus directed his attention not to his surroundings but onto him and his power to bring healing and change. When you need things to shift, look to Jesus; he will show up and reveal the steps.
4. Praise is a weapon and a key to your breakthrough. Paul and Silas were in prison but discovered that praise is a key to overcoming adversity and some pretty scary circumstances.
Their chains broke off as they lifted their voices in song, and the prison doors opened, setting them free. Lift your voice and praise Jesus in the midst of your troubles, because it will create an atmosphere for breakthrough! (Acts 16:25-26)
5. Focus on Jesus amidst the storm (Matthew 14:28-31). When called to travel on what may seem an impossible pathway, trust and walk with Jesus.
Peter walked on water because he listened and focused on Jesus' call. You may go on paths that aren't normal, but don't look at other people – look at and keep focused on Jesus.
Jesus promises to direct and guide your path, and He doesn't want you to feel stuck. Listen and ask for direction and the options you have before you, embrace the opportunity to grow, and praise him regardless of the circumstances – gratitude and praise are keys to your breakthrough as you continue to focus on Jesus.
You can also listen to my brand new podcast, Deeper, on my website and on all major streaming platforms. Check out this week's podcast "How You Become Whole".
Prayer: Lord, thank you for guiding and leading me in the way I am to go. Please help me to be able to move forward and to be exactly who and where you have called me to be. I choose to trust you and acknowledge you in all I am and do today. In Jesus' name, Amen.