Hope is involved whenever we are believing for anything to happen in life, but it’s important to note that the hope God talks of is more than a desire or wish for something to happen. God type of hope is a supernatural expectancy that looks beyond the natural possibilities. It’s a hope that looks to and stands on those things that God has promised in His Word, and the agreement He has made with us to bring it to pass.
Hope like this overrides natural abilities and circumstances and believes all things are possible.
Hope isn’t merely knowing God’s promises, but also involves us seeing ourselves in possession of those promises.
If you’ve grown weary or been hit with circumstances that might be tempting you to lose hope today, don’t quit or let go of what you are believing and hoping to see happen. Instead, sure up your hope.
Some keys to keep your hopes alive are to:
1. Get quiet and pray. Talk to God, listen and read the bible so that you can remind yourself of what He has promised. It’s in communication with God, who is the ultimate source of supernatural hope and where we can hear from him directly, that is a key to restoring hope.
2. Be around encouraging people. Guard your heart and hope by surrounding yourself with people with faith, who will encourage you not to give up. It’s by faith and patience that we inherit God’s promises, and the last thing we need is negative doubters when we’re believing for something to happen. (Hebrews 6:12)
3. Listen, read, watch and talk about God’s promises. Listen to messages of hope and faith. Great preachers, music, books and faith-filled conversations inject our lives with hope. The world peddles doubt and fear, but if we keep our focus on what God says, it will restore our hope and expectation for good things to happen in our life.
4. Refuse to give up – When it comes to restoring hope and seeing those things that God has promised happen, we have to be a bit feisty. To get our “fight on” and refuse to be distracted or to give up. Determine not to be moved by what’s in front of you, but only by what God says.
5. Keep your love on – Our faith works through and by love. Keep short accounts, guard your heart, forgive, let go of any offence quickly, and give them over to Jesus.
Don’t go to bed angry – One of the surest ways to eradicate hope is strife, anger and bitterness, so don’t be cheated out of the life God has for you by allowing things to crowd out the love God has put in your heart. Keep your love on!
Today take some time to renew and strengthen your hope. As you do, you’ll gain an expectation that will keep your faith alive until you see all those things that God says are possible come into your hands.
“May the God of hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope.” (Romans 15:13 Amplified bible)
“So do not fear, for I am with; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
Prayer: Lord, please restore my hope today and help me keep believing for those things you have promised. I choose to forgive, keep my love on, focus on you and what you say about my life, and surround myself with positive faith-filled people. In Jesus name Amen.